Tim Bradley to face Diego Chaves on Dec. 13
A deal is in place for two-division titlist Tim Bradley to face Diego Chaves in a welterweight bout on Dec. 13 at the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas, Top Rank Promotions CEO Bob Arum informed RingTV.com on Friday.
Intentions for Bradley-Chaves were revealed by Arum during a Sept. 18 interview with RingTV.com and the fight was unanimously approved for the venue last month by the Nevada State Athletic Commission during its monthly agenda hearing.
“Tim Bradley is a good fighter,” said Arum, adding that the contracts have been forwarded to the fighters to sign. “Tim Bradley wants good fights, so that’s why we made this. This is a good fight for him.”
In his last bout in April, Bradley (31-1, 12 knockouts) was dethroned as WBO 147-pound beltholder following a unanimous decision loss to Manny Pacquiao, who avenged his split decision to Bradley in June 2012. The loss to Bradley, 31, ended Pacquiao’s near seven-year, 15-bout winning streak that included eight knockouts.
“I am so happy to get back in action and inside the ring on December 13 at the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas,” said Bradley.
Chaves (23-2, 19 knockouts) is 1-2 in his past three fights and is coming off August’s ninth round disqualification loss to Brandon Rios. Chaves, 28, had taken a streak of five consecutive knockout victories into his bout with Keith Thurman, who dropped Chaves twice during a 10th round knockout victory in July 2013.